The Y is a nonprofit like no other. Be a member of something special.
As a member of the Madison Area YMCA, you are joining a worldwide
association of people working together to improve the quality of life
for individuals, families and the community. With the Y, you can
increase energy, decrease stress, prevent illness, maintain a healthy
weight, find personal balance and enjoy quality time with your family
and friends. We combine spirit, mind and body in an integrated approach
to well-being that goes beyond just fitness. We'll work with you to
establish personal goals - creating healthier habits, one small step at a
THE GREATEST BENEFIT
With the Y, you're not just a member of a facility; you're part of a
cause. With a shared commitment to nurturing the potential of kids,
improving health and well-being, and giving back and supporting our
neighbors, your membership will not just bring about meaningful change
in yourself, but also in your community.
The Madison Area YMCA, a cause-driven 501(c)(3) charitable
organization dedicated to strengthening community through youth
development, healthy living and social responsibility, includes three
centers: The Family Center, F.M. Kirby Children’s Center and Project
Pride of the Madison Area YMCA. Financial assistance may be available.
As a member, you will have access to:
- State-of-the-art Fitness Center
- Free New Member Fitness Orientation
- FitLinxx and ActiveTrax, computerized workout partners
- 90 group exercise classes, 7 days a week for all fitness levels
- Kids Central, our indoor playground and babysitting area
- Drop-in Babysitting
- Child Watch while you work out for Family Membership types
- Indoor heated pool for lap swimming, open swimming and family swimming
- Adult locker rooms with sauna
- Separate Children’s Locker Rooms and a Family Locker Room
- Free lectures and health screenings
- Open gymnasium
- Discounted rates and advanced registration for programs like swim lessons and childcare.
- Programs for the whole family
- Clubs such as Chess and Table Tennis
- Teen Night
- Convenient Hours
- Online registration for specialty programs and classes
- Members may visit and exercise at any of the participating YMCAs in New Jersey as part of your membership to the Madison Area YMCA.
- Optional Text/Email Alert System (MemberHub)
Additional programs and services available:
- Health-enhancing wellness programs include: the Community Mental Health Initiative; Delay the DiseaseTM, Diabetes Prevention Program; Enhance®Fitness; One Step; LIVESTRONG® at the YMCA, a no-fee cancer survivors program, and Project Community Pride, our no-fee youth counseling and support program.
- Quality childcare/curriculum-based early childhood education programs for infants, toddlers, preschoolers, Young 5 students and kindergartners.
- Before- and After-School Care, a Kindergarten Wraparound program and Talking Tots, a half-day toddler program with an intensive focus on speech/ language acquisition and development.
- Nutrition counseling, small group training and personal training
- 20 youth sports classes, 140 youth swim classes, 200 gymnastics classes and 120 performing arts classes.
- Travel soccer and basketball teams, a competitive swim team and nationally ranked competitive gymnastics team.
- Private acting and dance lessons
- Adult swim lessons and sport leagues
- Youth and teen programming in safe and fun environment.
- 10 weeks of summer day camp for toddlers through children entering 11th grade.
- Opportunities to volunteer and make an impact in our community.
YOUR SAFETY. OUR PRIORITY.
The safety of the children who use our facility has always been a top priority at the Madison Area YMCA. We have been scanning driver’s licenses and state-issued IDs of the people who enroll or visit at our facility.
Technology has now evolved that provides instant screenings for registered sex offenders in all 50 states. Raptor vSoft, a leading web-based platform, provides an effective way to help community facilities like our Y keep unwanted visitors out while also tracking those we allow in.
All members and visitors will have their drivers’ licenses or other state-issued ID scanned. If a potential threat is identified, the Raptor system will send instant alerts to designated management staff via email and text. Law enforcement would then be notified if necessary.
If you have any questions about the Raptor system, please contact Bob Conley, Vice President of Operations at 973-822-9622 x2244.
Thank you for your cooperation in helping our Y protect all the children who come to our facility.