Youth Supervision Policy
Children under the age of 10 are not permitted in the facility without an adult. Curbside drop off for children under the age of 10 is not permitted. Guardians of children in preschool classes must remain in the building, but not in the classroom.
- Children 10 and 11 years old are permitted to walk themselves and siblings directly to a supervised class. Children 11 years and younger must be picked up from a class by an adult.
- Children 12 years and older are permitted to use the facility without an adult.
- Parents are responsible for registering their child in the correct class. Please check with Department Director if you are unsure about a child’s skill level or qualifications. Class changes are permitted until the start of the third class and a fee will be charged.
Credits and Refunds
- Credit requests may be completed at the Welcome Center. Requests must be submitted before the start of the third week of classes. The Department Director approves credits. After the start of the third class, no credit will be issued. Participants are charged for all classes on a pro-rated basis from the time the credit application is processed and there is a fee for all withdrawls.
- Credits expire one year from date of issue.
- Refunds will be issued on a prorated basis for medical reasons with a doctor’s note or if the YMCA cancels a class. To receive a refund you must speak with the Department Director. Requests may take up to 3 weeks to process.
- The YMCA reserves the right to:
- Cancel classes due to insufficient enrollment.
- Close in inclement weather.
- Change schedule, rates and fees without prior notice when necessary.
- Cancel classes for Madison Area YMCA special events.
- All parents and siblings are strongly encouraged to observe classes from outside the program area to avoid any distractions. Please follow the instructors’ requests.
- Make-up classes are only held if the YMCA must cancel a class. Class make-ups are not offered if the YMCA must cancel a class due to weather closings.
- Please follow department guidelines and suggestions regarding appropriate dress.
- Adults accompanying a child in Parent/Child Classes must also have a valid YMCA membership.
- Parents/guardians are responsible for delivering and picking up child(ren) at the start and end of their class or program. The child(ren) must be accompanied to and from the classroom or program site.
- Parents/guardians are responsible for notifying the Program Director if you are unavoidably delayed in picking up your child(ren) at the completion of class. If we do not hear from you within 15 minutes we will make every effort to reach your emergency contact. The YMCA will notify the authorities if we do not hear from you and are unable to reach an emergency contact after one hour beyond the end of the class.
- If the regular parent/guardian is not picking up your child, it is your responsibility to inform the Program Director to make alternate arrangements.