We continue to bring our Y family back together with everyone's health and safety as our top priority. We are happy to announce our new web-based Group Exercise Reservation system! To ensure we adhere to current capacity guidelines and gathering limits, advanced reservations are encouraged for limited spots at our growing list of outdoor group exercise, outdoor lap swim, and select indoor studio offerings.
Our new reservation system may be accessed through visiting the Schedules page of our website here
For classes beginning Monday, August 10 and forward, reservations may be booked as early as 48 hours in advance and up to two hours before class start time. For example, a reservation can be attempted for the Monday August 10 8AM Aqua Zumba class beginning Saturday August 8 at 8AM through Monday August 10 at 6AM. However, if day-of class space allows, walk-ons are welcome!
Please see the step by step instructions below for making a reservation. If you encounter any issues with the reservation system, please contact Health & Wellness Director Christian Esola
How to make a reservation using the website:
- Classes are listed in ascending date and time order. Scroll to find your desired date or use the filter fields to create your own customized search.
- Tap on "Description" to view a pop-up box that provides class details including the number of spots left, location, date and time, instructor and class description. From within the pop-up box you can also select "Add to Calendar" for a calendar reminder. You can also set a calendar reminder by clicking on the calendar icon. NOTE: Adding to your calendar does NOT book your reservation.
- To reserve your spot, click on "Sign Up" for the desired class.
- Login to the system using the same credentials (email) as your Madison Area YMCA App login and password. If you have not previously created a Madison Area YMCA App login, proceed to create a new login.
- Click on the "Reserve a Spot" button.
Members who have a class reservation will be notified via email for any of the following changes that might occur to their class: class reservation confirmation, class canceled, instructor change, class time change, class location change and wait list status change.
Change of Plans?
Please return to the website, login and cancel your reservation if for any reason you are not able to use your class reservation. This will allow the slot to be utilized by one of your fellow YMCA members! We encourage members to sign up for a wait list slot if needed. If a member cancels a reservation, and you are the next person on the wait list, you will automatically be granted a reservation and notified via email.