We are pleased to announce that we are able to offer active Madison Area YMCA Members access to indoor lap swim through a partnership with the Summit Area YMCA beginning Monday, August 31 at 3PM. Expanded member-only aquatics offerings at the Summit Area YMCA pool will soon follow after Labor Day, including indoor Water Exercise and private swim lessons. The Summit Area YMCA is located at 67 Maple Street, Summit, NJ 07901
. Find parking information here
All Madison YMCA members visiting the Summit YMCA for use of the pool must complete a Guest Waiver online before participating. Please read the Summit Area YMCA's aquatics participation policies and complete the Guest Waiver here
. This only has to be completed once, prior to your first visit.
To reserve an indoor lap swim time slot, please visit the Summit Area YMCA website here
, create a login and reserve your time slot. You may also download the Summit Area YMCA's App (Download for Apple products here
and for Android products here
) and reserve sessions. You cannot use the Madison Area YMCA App to reserve indoor lap swim sessions at the Summit Area YMCA. The only aquatics sessions that can be reserved on the Madison Area YMCA App are outdoor lap swim and outdoor aquatics group exercise.
• Please plan to arrive at the back door of the Summit YMCA 5 minutes prior to session start time so we can check-in and conduct health screenings on all participants.
• Participants who arrive after the session start time will not be allowed to enter.
• You must wear a mask as you exit your car, keep it on through the health screening and until you enter the pool.
• Upon check-in, you will be required to participate in a temperature check using a touchless thermometer and a health screening where you will be asked several COVID-19 related questions (see below).
• If you have a fever of 100.4 or greater or answer positively to any of the health screening questions you will not be allowed to participate. You will not be charged any late cancellation/no show fee if this occurs.
• You will be asked to use hand sanitizer upon check-in before entering waiting area.
• You must maintain 6 feet of social distancing from Y staff except when getting your temperature taken. In instances where social distancing cannot be maintained you must wear a mask.
• After check in you will be asked to move to a waiting area until the staff has cleaned the pool and is ready to assign your lane.
• Upon entering the pool area a YMCA staff member will assign you a personal container for your belongings and a swim lane.
• Beginner lap swim is in the Buntin Pool with 1 person per lane, intermediate/advanced is in the Hurst pool with 2 or 3 per lane.
• You will need to put your mask back on upon exiting the pool and until you return to your car.
Please contact Competitive Aquatics Director/Head Coach Jon Siegel
with any questions.
Thank you for supporting the Madison Area YMCA and our community!