We continue to expand our health and wellness offerings, days and hours to accommodate more members. Reach YOUR health and wellness goals on YOUR schedule at the Y. Beginning Monday, September 21, you are welcome to visit our Fitness Center without a reservation. Hours include Monday through Friday: 6AM-8PM and Saturday and Sunday: 7AM-2PM.
Please scan in at the Welcome Center and remember to wear a mask!
GET BACK TO YOUR FITNESS ROUTINE
Get back to your fitness routine with our socially-distanced indoor cardio fitness deck with all of our cardio equipment spaced six feet apart. Members will have access to our free weights, strength training machines, and more at the Madison Area YMCA's Family Center!
CURIOUS WHAT TO EXPECT?
We all have an important role to play in the health and safety of our Y community. We’ve implemented some new policies and procedures in the interest of looking out for everyone’s safety. Be ready to go and make the most of your visit to our Wellness Centers. Learn what Y members can expect when you come to the Y for indoor fitness:
- Come prepared in appropriate fitness attire with your own water and towel, if necessary, in a gym bag that will stay with you at the Y at all times—lockers/cubbies are not available at this time.
- Arrive at the Y with your face mask/covering. Masks are required to be on when entering the facility and working out.
- Head to the main entrance for member check-in to have your temperature taken, and answer a few simple questions.
- Proceed to your preferred equipment/workout space.
- Maintain 6-foot distance between you and other members at all times.
- Your mask must remain on while inside the facility, including while working out.
- Wipe down any equipment used before and after your workout with provided disinfectant wipes.
- Follow the directional signage to exit and sign out at the Welcome Center via our scanner—being mindful to maintain distance from other members—and depart to your vehicle.
Thank you for your continued patience, membership, and support of our Y. We’re so happy to welcome you back!
READY? LET'S GO!
Members age 12+ are welcome to visit our Fitness Center. Wellness areas available for use when making "Fitness Center Reservation" include MP4 (Fitlinxx circuit and beginner circuit), the free weight area, cardio deck and our Training Studio, just outside the Fitness Center.
PRIVATE FITNESS STUDIO:
We are excited to announce our Private Fitness Studio, open to members, beginning Monday, September 21. No-fee reservations can be made online 48 hours in advance, beginning Saturday, September 19, for use starting Monday, September 21. This reservation is for use of our Kroll Training Annex located directly off of the main lobby of the Family Center. This room includes premium Techno Gym circuit training equipment, LifeFitness Functional Training System, Cybex Bravo cable station, dumbbells (5-25lbs), resistance bands, medicine balls, and more accessories. Unlike in the general Fitness Center where masks are required at all times, in this private area, masks are not required while exercising. The Private Fitness Studio is for use by a single member OR a family that lives within same household.
Members need to schedule their visit through our online reservation system, as capacity is limited. It's easy! Beginning Saturday, September 19, at 6 a.m., you can make your Fitness Center Reservations on our Schedules page
Please carefully read the information below about Fitness Center Reservations. By making this reservation, you understand and are agreeing to the following information and conditions:
- Unlike in the general Fitness Center where masks are required at all times, in this private area masks are not required while exercising.
- For use by single member OR family that lives within same household.
- Reservations are for 45 minutes, please leave promptly when your reservation window has ended.
- Members must still wear a mask while entering and exiting the facility.
- Members must wipe down equipment before and after use.
- Please cancel your reservation if you cannot make it in during your reserved time. Cancel your reservation either online, through the Madison Area YMCA app, or by calling the Madison Area YMCA.
- You must have an active Madison Area YMCA membership to make a Private Fitness Studio Reservation.
- Locker rooms not available for use.
- Towels service not available. Please bring your own towel and water bottle.
- Some soft surface items may be temporarily removed.
- Small bags will be permitted.
Providing a safe environment is our top priority. We ask all members to adhere to the following policies:
- Prior to exercise, members will receive a health check when entering the building and be asked to leave if they have a temperature 100.4 degrees or higher or have done the following within the previous 14 days: Been in contact with someone diagnosed with COVID-19, experiencing symptoms of COVID-19, or traveled to a state currently on the NJ State Travel Advisory Quarantine list.
- Members will check in at the Welcome Center and will be asked to check out at the Welcome Center when leaving.
- Masks must be worn at all times while entering or exiting the facility.
- Members must wipe down equipment before and after use.
- The adult and youth locker rooms are closed and members are asked to arrive at the YMCA ready to exercise. Family changing rooms are available for emergency access only if needed.
YOUR SAFETY IS OUR PRIORITY
As we continue to reopen our doors in conjunction with the phases of New Jersey’s Restart and Recovery Plan, please be assured that your safety – and the safety of all our members, program participants, staff and volunteers – is our number one priority. We’re following guidelines from health experts and local officials to ensure that our facilities meet the highest standards for hygiene and safety, and we have modified our policies and programs to facilitate safe physical/social distancing practices.
Our Family Center ventilation system draws fresh air in from outdoors. Our facility has been reviewed and approved by our local health department as compliant with current health guidelines.
NEED TO REACTIVATE YOUR MEMBERSHIP?
We're here to help! There are so many reasons to stay with the Y, with so many programs and services we continue to offer. Email us at email@example.com and reactivate your membership today!