Before- and After-Camp Staff
Before- and After-Camp Staff are responsible for supervision of campers during before and after camp hours. This includes ensuring a safe and efficient drop off and pick up experience for parents. Before- and after-camp staff will lead games and activities for campers as they arrive and before they depart from camp. This staff is also responsible for the initial set up and final take down of camp each day. This position will cover approximately 20 hours per week.
- Provide positive supervision of Family Center camp participants.
- Facilitate a safe and fun program environment.
- Respond to emergencies appropriately.
- Check children in and out of camp program.
- Lead games and activities for campers, including arts and crafts and sports.
- Work with the Youth and Teen Director to create and implement impromptu activities.
- Follow schedules and be on time.
- Provide guidance and discipline to camp participants.
- Keep program equipment clean and organized.
- Report areas of concern to Youth and Teen Director.
- Minimum of a High School diploma or equivalent and one season of experience working with youth in a camp setting. YMCA experience preferred.
- Must be 18 years or older.
- Attend 20 hours of training as outlined in training schedule and obtain CPR, First Aid and AED certifications which will be provided through the Madison Area YMCA.
- Must be available beginning June 18, 2018.
- Counselors can take up to one week (5 days) of unpaid vacation days and this request must be approved in writing by Director prior to the start of camp.
- Maintain certifications or become certified in CPR, First Aid and AED, and Lifeguarding.
- Willingness to participate in high adventure activities, when needed.