Birthday Party Host
The Birthday Party Host is responsible for providing a friendly, responsive, and thorough experience for birthday party families and their guests. Birthday Party Host should develop and maintain good relationships with our members and guests.
- Assist Birthday Party Coordinator, Kids Central Manager, and Member Services Director in all duties pertaining to Birthday Parties.
- Deliver fun and exciting service to all party guests.
- Act as a contact point for parents during the party to ensure all issues that can be rectified quickly and effectively are done so.
- Show a positive, encouraging attitude and professional enthusiasm when conducting activities.
- Adhere to a timed schedule.
- Contribute to revenue production through program delivery.
- Greet and engage parents when they drop-off and pick-up their children and during the party.
- Supervise the children left in their care and ensure the proper use of the YMCA equipment and facilities.
- Maintain discipline, order, and safety in accordance with Madison Area YMCA policies and guidelines.
- Coordinate with colleagues during shift to ensure all areas are maintained at adequate coverage levels and respond to emerging/shifting circumstances.
- Handle emergencies quickly and efficiently in accordance with the Association Emergency Action Plan and fill out Incident Report if necessary.
- Attend and actively participate in scheduled staff meetings and trainings.
- Models the character development values of Caring, Honesty, Respect and Responsibility.
- Ability to organize/lead children
- Prior childcare experience preferred.
- You must be able to respond to children's physical and emotional needs while they are in your care.
- Enjoy, be skilled at and understand the importance of building relationships with members, staff, volunteers, donors, and community leaders.
- Ability to effectively relate, communicate and problem-solve with children, parents, and other staff. Engaging the member every chance you get to ensure open communication.
Hours needed are Sundays from 11:30am - 5pm
- Ability to confront difficult situations in a positive manner.
- Ability to swiftly respond to safety and emergency situations.
- The Birthday Party Host must be friendly and professional at all times.
- Must maintain CPR/AED certification for infants and children within first 30 days of employment
- Must complete all required trainings within the first 90 days of employment.
- Attend Emergency Evacuation Procedure training.
- Open availability. Must be able to work during weekends
- Willingness to work with others or in teams