This position is responsible for overall building supervision, acting as a liaison between members and staff departments. The position handles facility, member and staff problems, incidents and/or concerns, secures the facility and provides front line support to staff and members. Assists the Welcome Center, including conducting tours as needed.
- Represent the YMCA in a positive manner, always greet members and take the opportunity to build relationships.
- Show interest in member suggestions or concerns and respond promptly.
- Serve as liaison between members and program directors.
- Circulate throughout the entire building, including appropriate bathrooms and locker rooms, locking doors and checking for any security or safety issues.
- Be alert to safety factors and potential hazards, correcting them when possible; report any safety or hazard issues to appropriate director and maintenance
- Handle any issues, first aid, and building emergencies.
- Document incidents and forward incident report forms to Member Services Operations Manager (regarding members or guests) or Human Resources Administrator (regarding staff) as well as appropriate department heads.
- Review all daily events and facility schedule, ensuring room set-up.Assist with set-up, if necessary.
- Provide tours when necessary.
- Become knowledgeable in every aspect of the YMCA.
- Help answer and direct phone calls when necessary.
- Keep the desk/reception area clean and orderly.
- Attend all staff meetings and special events.
Hours are Monday - Friday, 4:40am - 8am and 8pm - 11pm
Saturday, 5:30am - 8am
Sunday, 6:45am - 10am
- Prior customer service experience
- Enjoy, be skilled at and understand the importance of building relationships with people: members, staff, volunteers, donors, and community leaders.
- Ability to effectively communicate and problem-solve.
- Ability to respond to safety and emergency situations.
- Excellent verbal communication skills, friendly and positive disposition
- Basic computer and phone skills.