Camp Counselor - MiniQuest
DON'T WAIT TO GET YOUR SUMMER JOB - APPLY NOW!
Camp MiniQuest Counselors provide direct supervision of campers at Camp MiniQuest, a co-ed day camp for youth entering grades pre K-1, including one field trip per week.
- Provide positive supervision of MiniQuest participants.
- Facilitate a safe and fun program environment.
- Respond to emergencies appropriately.
- Follow schedules and be on time.
- Provide guidance and discipline to MiniQuest participants.
- Keep program equipment clean and organized.
- Assist the MiniQuest Associate Director in creating and implementing impromptu activities.
- Lead games and activities for MiniQuest participants, including specialized activities in Art, Science and Sports.
- Support and mentor MiniQuest Jr counselors, ensuring they are not left alone with campers.
- Report areas of concern to Camp MiniQuest Associate Director.
- Minimum of a High School diploma or equivalent and one season of experience working with youth in a camp setting. YMCA experience preferred.
- Must be 18 years or older.
- Attend 40 hours of training as outlined in training schedule and obtain CPR, First Aid and AED certifications which will be provided through the Madison Area YMCA.
- Must be available beginning June 15, 2020.
- Counselors can take up to one week (5 days) of unpaid vacation days and this request must be approved in writing by director prior to the start of camp.
- Maintain certifications or become certified in CPR, First Aid and AED, and Lifeguarding.
- Willingness to participate in high adventure activities.
- Ability to work in excess of a 40-hour week.
- Ability to work outdoors in all weather conditions including heat in excess of 90F and high humidity.
- Ability to be in pool/water for extended periods of time.
- Ability to walk, stand, and sit (including on the floor) for long periods of time.
- Must be able to lift and carry food and supplies weighing up to 50 pounds.
- Position may require bending, leaning, kneeling, walking and hiking on uneven surfaces.
- Ability to speak concisely and effectively communicate.
- Visual and auditory ability to respond to critical situations and physical ability to act swiftly in an emergency.
- Comfortable administering first aid and exposure to bodily fluids and communicable diseases is possible.