Camp Counselor - SummerQuest
Camp SummerQuest Counselors provide direct supervision of campers at Camp SummerQuest, a co-ed daily travel camp for youth entering 6-10th grade, including 3 overnights over the course of the summer.
- Provide positive supervision of SummerQuest participants.
- Facilitate a safe and fun program environment.
- Respond to emergencies appropriately.
- Follow schedules and be on time.
- Provide guidance and discipline to SummerQuest participants.
- Keep program equipment clean and organized.
- Assist the Camp SummerQuest Coordinator in creating and implementing impromptu activities.
- Lead games and activities for SummerQuest participants, including hikes, high adventure and camping.
- Report areas of concern to Camp SummerQuest Coordinator.
- Minimum of a High School diploma or equivalent and one season of experience working with youth in a camp setting. YMCA experience preferred.
- Must be 18 years or older.
- Attend 40 hours of training as outlined in training schedule and obtain CPR, First Aid and AED certifications which will be provided through the Madison Area YMCA.
- Must be available beginning June 17, 2019.
- Camp staff can take up to one week (5 days) of unpaid vacation days and this request must be approved in writing by director prior to the start of camp.
- Maintain certifications or become certified in CPR, First Aid and AED, and Lifeguarding, will train.
- Willingness to participate in high adventure activities, if needed.