Camp Counselor - KidsQuest
Camp KidsQuest Counselors provide direct supervision of campers at Camp KidsQuest, a co-ed day camp for youth entering grades 3-5, including one field trip per week. KidsQuest Camp will be located at Drew University.
- Provide positive supervision of KidsQuest participants.
- Facilitate a safe and fun program environment.
- Respond to emergencies appropriately.
- Follow schedules and be on time.
- Provide guidance and discipline to KidsQuest participants.
- Keep program equipment clean and organized.
- Assist the KidsQuest Coordinator in creating and implementing impromptu activities.
- Lead games and activities for KidsQuest participants, including specialized activities in Art, Science and Sports.
- Minimum of a High School diploma or equivalent and one season of experience working with youth in a camp setting. YMCA experience preferred.
- Must be 17 years or older.
- Attend 40 hours of training as outlined in training schedule and obtain CPR, First Aid and AED certifications which will be provided through the Madison Area YMCA.
- Must be available beginning June 17, 2019.
- Counselors can take up to one week (5 days) of unpaid vacation days and this request must be approved in writing by director prior to the start of camp.
- Maintain certifications or become certified in CPR, First Aid and AED, and Lifeguarding, will train.
- Willingness to participate in high adventure activities.