Camp Counselor - KidsQuest
DON'T WAIT TO GET YOUR SUMMER JOB - APPLY NOW!
Camp KidsQuest Counselors provide direct supervision of campers at Camp KidsQuest, a co-ed day camp for youth entering grades K-5, including one field trip per week.
- Provide positive supervision of KidsQuest participants.
- Facilitate a safe and fun program environment.
- Respond to emergencies appropriately.
- Follow schedules and be on time.
- Provide guidance and discipline to KidsQuest participants.
- Keep program equipment clean and organized.
- Assist the Camp Coordinator in creating and implementing impromptu activities.
- Lead games and activities for KidsQuest participants, including specialized activities in Art, Science and Sports.
- Support and mentor KidsQuest Jr counselors, ensuring they are not left alone with campers.
- Report areas of concern to Association Camp Director.
- Adhere to all safety protocols as outlined in YMCA and Camp policies
- Ability to work in excess of a 40-hour week.
- Ability to work outdoors in all weather conditions including heat in excess of 90F and high humidity.
- Ability to wear a face covering on an as needed basis based on guidelines from the Center for Disease Control and Department of Health.
- Ability to be in pool/water for extended periods of time.
- Ability to walk, stand, and sit (including on the floor) for long periods of time.
- Must be able to lift and carry food and supplies weighing up to 50 pounds.
- Position may require bending, leaning, kneeling, walking and hiking on uneven surfaces.
- Ability to speak concisely and effectively communicate.
- Visual and auditory ability to respond to critical situations and physical ability to act swiftly in an emergency.
- Comfortable administering first aid and exposure to bodily fluids and communicable diseases is possible.