Camp Leader In Training (LIT) Coordinator
The LIT Coordinator supervises the Leader in Training camp program, a co-ed leadership development program for grades 9-11. The coordinator is responsible for supervision of LIT participants and developing lesson plans for the LIT program.
- Provide positive supervision of LIT participants.
- Facilitate a safe and fun program environment.
- Respond to emergencies appropriately.
- Lead activities and games for LIT participants.
- Facilitate appropriate leadership and volunteer opportunities for LIT participants.
- Work with the Youth and Teen Director to create and implement impromptu activities.
- In a rotating schedule including other Camp Coordinators, supervise the camp in the absence of the Youth and Teen Director.
- Follow schedules and be on time.
- Provide guidance and discipline to LIT participants.
- Keep program equipment clean and organized.
- Report areas of concern to Youth and Teen Director.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred. Minimum of a High School diploma or equivalent and two seasons of experience working with youth in a camp setting. YMCA experience preferred.
- Must be 18 years or older.
- Attend 40 hours of training as outlined in training schedule and obtain CPR, First Aid and AED certifications which will be provided through the Madison Area YMCA.
- Must be available beginning June 18, 2018.
- Camp staff can take up to one week (5 days) of unpaid vacation days and this request must be approved in writing by director prior to the start of camp.
- Maintain certifications or become certified in CPR, First Aid and AED, and Lifeguarding.
Willingness to participate in high adventure activities, if needed