DON'T WAIT FOR A SUMMER JOB - APPLY NOW!
The Camp Medic supervises the medical service for all Madison Area YMCA Quest camps while additionally serving as a Quest Camp Counselor.
- Review and record health and safety procedures and drills.
- Evaluate care given by camp staff. Ensure all applicable staff members are aware of any medication needs for their camper.
- Ensure all camper medication is properly collected and stored upon camper arrival.
- Respond to emergencies appropriately.
- Maintain health records of campers alongside Camp Director and/or Associate Directors.
- Inventorize and restock First Aid supplies.
- Administer medication when/where needed, ensuring they are stored in the original prescription container as applicable.
- Maintain a record of the refrigerator temperature used for medications as applicable.
- Report areas of concern to Camp Director and/or Associate Camp Directors.
- Minimum of a High School diploma or equivalent and one season of experience working with youth in a camp setting. YMCA experience preferred.
- Attend 40 hours of training as outlined in training schedule.
- Must be available June15 - August 21.
- Counselors can take up to one week (5 days) of unpaid vacation days and this request must be approved in writing by director prior to the start of camp.
- Maintain certifications or become certified in CPR for the Professional Rescuer, First Aid and AED, EMT-B and/or Lifeguarding.
- Ability to work in excess of a 40-hour week.
- Ability to work outdoors in all weather conditions including heat in excess of 90F and high humidity.
- Ability to walk, stand, and sit (including on the floor) for long periods of time.
- Must be able to lift and carry food and supplies weighing up to 50 pounds.
- Position may require bending, leaning, kneeling, walking and hiking on uneven surfaces.
- Ability to speak concisely and effectively communicate.
- Visual and auditory ability to respond to critical situations and physical ability to act swiftly in an emergency.
- Comfortable administering first aid and exposure to bodily fluids and communicable diseases is possible.