Camp SummerQuest Coordinator
The Camp SummerQuest Coordinator supervises Camp SummerQuest, a co-ed travel day camp for grades 6-10. The coordinator is responsible for maintainining health records, communicating with parents, coordinating trips and on the spot decision making.
- Provide positive supervision of SummerQuest participants.
- Facilitate a safe and fun program environment.
- Respond to emergencies appropriately.
- Maintain health records of campers.
- Supervise camp staff.
- Lead games and activities for SummerQuest participants, including hikes, high adventure and camping.
- Work with the Youth and Teen Director to create and implement impromptu activities.
- In a rotating schedule including other Camp Coordinators, supervise the camp in the absence of the Youth and Teen Director.
- Follow schedules and be on time.
- Provide guidance and discipline to SummerQuest participants.
- Keep program equipment clean and organized.
- Report areas of concern to Youth and Teen Director.
- Provide all communication to parents and address problems/concerns in timely manner.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred. Minimum of a High School diploma or equivalent and two seasons of experience working with youth in a camp setting. YMCA experience preferred.
- Must be 18 years or older.
- Attend 40 hours of training as outlined in training schedule and obtain CPR, First Aid and AED certifications which will be provided through the Madison Area YMCA.
- Must be available beginning June 18, 2018.
- Camp staff can take up to one week (5 days) of unpaid vacation days and this request must be approved in writing by director prior to the start of camp.
- Maintain certifications or become certified in CPR, First Aid and AED, and Lifeguarding.
- Willingness to participate in high adventure activities, if needed.