Camp Wantago Counselor
Camp Wantago Counselors provide direct supervision of campers, entering kindergarten through 2nd grade, including field trips. Camp is located at the F.M. Kirby Children’s Center of the Madison Area YMCA.
What does a Camp Counselor do:
- Camp Wantago Counselors provide direct supervision of campers entering Kindergarten - 2nd grade , including field trips.
- Has fun teaching kids valuable lessons!
- Facilitates a safe and fun program environment.
- Respond to emergencies appropriately.
- Follow schedules and comes to work on time and eager to start the day.
- Has fun going on awesome field trips!
- Provide guidance, and positive discipline to campers.
- Has fun!
- Assist Camp Coordinator in creating and implementing impromptu activities.
- Lead games and activities for campers, including specialized activities in Art, Science and Sports.
- Gets paid to have fun every day helping kids to grow, thrive and have the best summer ever!
- Likes to have fun and be a positive role model for kids!
- Minimum of a High School diploma or equivalent and one season of experience working with youth in a camp setting. YMCA experience preferred.
- Must be 18 years or older.
- Attend 40 hours of training as outlined in training schedule and obtain CPR, First Aid and AED certifications which will be provided through the Madison Area YMCA.
- Must commit to working for the duration of Camp. Counselors can take up to one week (5 days) of unpaid vacation days and this request must be approved in writing by director prior to the start of camp.
- When working with older campers the willingness to participate in high adventure activities.