Performing Arts Instructors
The Madison Area YMCA School of Performing Arts (SOPA) is seeking enthusiastic part time instructors!
Under the direction of the Senior Program Director and Associate SOPA Director, this position will carry the primary responsibility for instructing classes of the highest quality and safety possible. Classes will include but are not limited to Creative Movement, Jazz, Hip Hop, Musical Theater, Kid’s Choir, and Acting.
- To instruct performing arts classes of the highest quality and administer feedback from members to Supervisor(s).
- The incumbent must have an understanding of the program offered by the School of Performing Arts in order to give appropriate response to member questions
- The incumbent must understand the relationship of the parents and participants for the success of the overall program.
- Must be a minimum of 18 years of age
- Have a minimum of 1 year experience teaching dance.
- Maintain certifications or become certified in CPR, First Aid and AED.
- Have the ability to relate effectively to diverse groups of people from all social and economic segments of the community.
- Be dependable and reliable.
- Availability to work hours commensurate with the needs of the program.
- Possible exposure to communicable diseases and bodily fluids. Ability to administer first aid.
- Must be able to lift and/or assist children up to 50 pounds in weight.
- Ability to dance, stand or sit while maintaining alertness for several hours at a time.
- Position may require bending, leaning, kneeling, and walking.
- Ability to speak concisely and effectively communicate.
- Visual and auditory ability to respond to critical situations and physical ability to act swiftly in an emergency.
Must be over 18, enthusiastic, reliable, creative, love to work with children of all ages and have excellent references. Candidate must be available through the end of June.
Competitive salary commensurate with experience, complimentary YMCA membership and excellent working environment. APPLY NOW to join our School of Performing Arts team!