Under the supervision of the Senior Director of Organizational Advancement and the Associate Development Director, the Development Associate – Data Systems operates as a core member of the YMCA team to further the philanthropic, financial development, special event and volunteer activities of the Y. The incumbent is the primary administrator and manager of the Raiser’s Edge donor database and works to cultivate constituents, engage volunteers, steward donors and generate financial support for the Y’s annual, capital and endowment support needs. As such, the incumbent works directly with staff, Board members, leadership volunteers, top-level donors and other key constituents, exercising confidentiality, discretion, collaboration and teamwork.
The incumbent is primarily responsible for ensuring accurate capture of information and management of records in the Raiser’s Edge donor database, including gift processing, database updates, donor acknowledgements. The incumbent is responsible for identifying ways to use our systems and tools strategically to support production of information and reporting needed for ongoing prospect cultivation and donor stewardship. The incumbent is an integral and collaborative member of the Development team, and routinely partners with the Senior Director of Organization Advancement and Associate Development Director as well as the Volunteer & Special Events Manager on various projects. The incumbent will support special events for the organization as needed. Under direction from the Associate Development Director, the incumbent will serve as the gift accounting and business manager for the Annual and Capital Campaigns. He/She also will be primarily responsible for record keeping all development transactions, particularly tracking relationships with prospects and donors, and assuring completion of timely, accurate donor acknowledgements.
Raiser’s Edge Database Management and Information Administration: In collaboration with the Senior Director of Organization Advancement and the Associate Development Director, act as the primary Database Administrator. Ensure accurate, current data for all confidential donor records:
Under the direction of the Senior Director of Organization Advancement:
- Acting as Raiser’s Edge database SME; suggesting efficiencies and establishing links to the member database as may be possible
- Conducting database usage training and providing guidance to Raiser’s Edge users to ensure proper capture of information building written protocols for distribution
- Building, maintaining and updating data configuration and record keeping structure for key elements of database such as Volunteer, Event, and Prospect records; advising and supporting Development team owners/users on the tools and preparing reports and dashboards as needed
- Processing accurate and up-to-date donor data for both Annual and Capital giving. Create new records, gift entries, cash or in-kind, pledges, stock gift conversions, etc.
- Conducting Capital donor research, and advising and building reporting as needed and directed; participating as needed in capital related research initiatives with direction from Senior Management
- Processing at the end of each month expense and Amex reports Development and Marketing Department
- Responsible for maintaining a high functioning relationship with Blackbaud and acquiring the requisite skills to expertly manage all Blackbaud software in use.
Under the direction of the Associate Development Director:
- serving as gift accounting manager for all gifts. Completing tally sheets, weekly gift reports, batch and single gift processing and acknowledgements, donor prospect lists, solicitor and database reports, pledges, etc.
- Preparing batch deposits, online deposit entries, cash/credit deposits and reconcile all gifts with finance
- Drafting and preparing acknowledgement letters and matching gift forms and submissions
- Maintaining current donor records and data standards and suggesting improvements
- Producing ad-hoc reports and queries regularly
- Establishing Staff Appeal components and record keeping
- Tracking all Staff donations and Pledges for the Annual Campaign
Processing at the end of each month expense and Amex reports Development and Marketing Department
Development Department Administration: Support the broad range of Development Department functions, including the following:
Providing outreach and RSVP contact support as needed in order to fulfill volunteer needs for the following YMCA events, 5K, Healthy Kids Day, End of Year Dance Performance, and other larger one-day events.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Two or more years of experience with fundraising database administration managing donor records. Raiser’s Edge experience is preferred.
- Knowledge of the YMCA’s position in the community.Previous non-profit experience is a plus.
- Ability to work appropriately and effectively with a variety of important and high-level constituents. Maturity, judgment, diplomacy and discretion required.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and Power Point; familiar with internet navigation, research and online giving.
- Ability to prioritize competing demands.Flexibility and adaptability required.
- Models relationship-building skills in all interactions.
- Ability to work in excess of a 40 hour work week, including evenings and weekends when necessary.