Director of Child Care Services
The Director of Child Care Services supervises and supports the Lead Teachers, other teaching staff, enrolled families needs with respect to program, ensures full curriculum implementation for all programs, staffing and transition planning, and assists as needed with program development, compliance with Office of Licensing and state quality standards, staff development and YMCA organizational initiatives. As a member of the Y management team, the incumbent actively participates as needed in a variety of cross-departmental projects and initiatives that advance the Y mission and strategic plan goals.
- Directly Supervises all Lead Teachers:
- Assesses supervisory and teaching performance in the classrooms.
- Conducts performance reviews and recommends professional development.
- Reviews classroom purchases and recommends materials replacements.
- Manages classroom expenses within the approved budget and assists in developing the next year’s budget.
- In conjunction with Kirby’s Master Trainer and Curriculum Specialist, assists in teacher training, planning of professional development days and compliance with Grow NJ Kids standards.
- Coordinates and develops the agendas for Lead Teacher meetings and section meetings.
- Manages enrollment, including conducting tours, attending and scheduling Open Houses, and recommending outreach opportunities.
- Provides the Executive Director with weekly enrollment reports.
- Recommends program placements and classroom assignments.
- Family Engagement:
- Interfaces with parents on all concerns related to the classroom, staff interactions and child development or behavior.
- Oversees transition planning for children.
- Provides the Executive Director with weekly transition updates.
- Hires staff as needed.
- Recommends CDA certifications for staff and tracks completion status.
- Enforces disciplinary measures as appropriate.
- Maintains complete employee files and ensures professional compliance with PINJ and the Office of Licensing.
- Makes recommendations for staff advancement.
- Provides curriculum content to Marketing for the Kirby Parent and Staff newsletters in a timely fashion
- Supports all management as needed.
All YMCA staff are accountable for understanding the organization’s charitable status and mission to assure access for all through active participation in fundraising and philanthropy efforts.
- Work with the Development Team, HR and key philanthropy volunteers to increase your understanding and skill set.
- Train, mentor, equip and hold your staff accountable for participating in the annual campaign by identifying and recruiting member volunteers and soliciting donations.
- Build strategic relationships with members for year round member cultivation to increase the number of member campaign volunteers and donors.
- Assist in achieving annual support campaign goal by directly and personally participating in campaign efforts and ongoing fundraising by identifying new volunteers and potential new donors. Recruit volunteer campaigners for the annual campaign; secure their campaign gift, and assist them in achieving the overall Kirby Center goal.
- Be an intricate member of the YMCA staff team, working toward an increase in member growth, satisfaction and retention.
- Bachelor’s Degree, concentration or certification in child development, teaching or administration preferred.
- 3-5 years prior teaching experience.
- Minimum of 3 years supervisory experience, preferably in a childcare or school environment.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Possess at hire and maintain CPR, First Aid, AED & oxygen certifications, or obtain within 3 months of hire.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and use of computer.
- YMCA Team Leader preferred