Evening and Weekend Member Services Supervisor
This position is responsible for overall building supervision, acting as a liaison between members and staff departments. The position handles facility, member and staff problems, incidents and/or concerns, secures the facility and provides front line support to staff and members. Assists the Welcome Center, including conducting tours as needed, answers member questions, and performs various clerical duties.
Primary Responsibilities – Weekend and Evening Member Services Supervisor
- Represent the YMCA in a positive manner, always greet members and take the opportunity to build relationships.
- Show interest in member suggestions or concerns and respond promptly.
- Serve as liaison between members and program directors.
- Circulate throughout the entire building, including appropriate bathrooms and locker rooms, locking doors and checking for any security or safety issues.
- Be alert to safety factors and potential hazards, correcting them when possible; report any safety or hazard issues to appropriate director and maintenance
- Handle any issues, first aid, and building emergencies.
- Document incidents and forward incident report forms to Member Services Operations Manager (regarding members or guests) or Human Resources Director (regarding staff) as well as appropriate department heads.
- Review all daily events and facility schedule, ensuring room set-up.Assist with set-up, if necessary.
- Provide tours when necessary.
- Become knowledgeable in every aspect of the YMCA.
- Obtain a substitute if unable to work a scheduled shift. Once a substituted shift is accepted, it becomes “yours”, i.e. if you subsequently are unable to work said shift, it is now your responsibility to find coverage, and it does not revert back.
- Attend all staff meetings and special events.
Member Services skills
- Be knowledgeable about the YMCA, its programs and policies and share information with members.
- Encourage participation in facility and program orientations.
- Acquaint members with other YMCA programs and benefits.
- Recommend participation in a variety of Y programs.
- Be able to articulate the YMCA’s Mission, values, benefits.
- Ask members to contribute to the annual campaign.
- Be able to articulate the role and importance of volunteers.
- Be informed about volunteer opportunities
- Ask members “satisfaction questions” about programs and services.
- Answer phones promptly and professionally.
- Greet and check-in all members and guests, using their names in their presence.
- Sell and process memberships, programs, and other items.
- Keep the desk/reception area clean and orderly.
All YMCA staff are accountable for understanding the organization’s charitable status and mission to assure access for all through active participation in fundraising and philanthropy efforts.
- Work with the Development Team, HR and key philanthropy volunteers to increase your understanding and skill set.
- Build strategic relationships with members for year round member cultivation to increase the number of member campaign volunteers and donors.
- Assist in achieving your department annual support campaign goal by directly and personally participating in campaign efforts and ongoing fundraising by identifying new volunteers and potential new donors.
- Prior customer service experience.
- Enjoy, be skilled at and understand the importance of building relationships with people: members, staff, volunteers, donors, and community leaders.
- Ability to effectively communicate and problem-solve.
- Ability to respond to safety and emergency situations.
- Excellent verbal communication skills, friendly and positive disposition
- Basic computer and phone skills.
- Ability to work nights and weekends as assigned.
Hours needed for the position:
Sunday – 12:00p-8:15p
Monday – 7:30p-10:45p
Thursday – 7:30p-10:45p
Friday – 3:00p-10:45p
Saturday – 1:30p-9:45p
This 30 hour a week position is eligible for medical benefits, free YMCA membership and a Y program discount.