Financial Assistance Coordinator
The Financial Assistance Coordinator is responsible for the administration of the association wide financial assistance program and providing association wide translation services.
Financial Assistance Coordinator:
- Receives and reviews financial assistance applications in accordance with Madison Area YMCA policy and procedure.
- Maintain and update records of financial aid applicants and recipients, including award entry into our operating system.
- Maintain confidentiality of financial aid applicants and recipients.
- Notify applicants of their approval or denial, award amounts, renewal notices.
- Communicate with current, former, and potential recipients for the purposes of engagement and retention.
- Provide information as requested to supervisor and other executive staff.
- Assist with YMCA sponsored community engagement and philanthropy events as needed.
- Serve as a champion for Madison Area YMCA Annual Campaign
- Ability to communicate in Spanish and English.
- Treat all applicants with caring, honesty, respect and responsibility.
- Be knowledgeable about the YMCA, its programs and policies and able to share that information with current and potential members.
- Convert written materials, such as flyers, forms, applications and other documents as needed by the organization from English to Spanish.
- Proofread, edit, and revise previously translated materials.
- Be available to provide in-person translating while working designated shifts.
All YMCA staff are accountable for understanding the organization’s charitable status and mission to assure access for all through active participation in fundraising and philanthropy efforts.
- High School Diploma, bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Prior customer service experience
- Basic financial accounting skills.
- Excellent verbal communication skills, friendly and positive disposition
- Basic computer and phone skills.
- Must be bi-lingual, speak, read, write and interpret Spanish.
- Must be able to work at least one shift on a weekend day.
This position is part-time, 20 hours per week including one weekend day shift.