Gymnastics Coach/Team Administrator
Under the direction of the Gymnastics Director the Gymnastics Coach/Team Administrator provides the highest level of coaching to all participants of the gymnastics program, ages 5 – 18. The Gymnastics Coach/Team Administrator is responsible for all administrative functions for the competitive gymnastics team.
- Serve as an ambassador of the YMCA. Exemplify the four character values of Honesty, Caring, Respect and Responsibility with participants, staff and the general public.
- Coach classes and all levels of the Gymnastics competitive team. Provide leadership and impart enthusiasm for gymnastics to all team members.
- Demonstrate gymnastics knowledge and skills as appropriate for all skill levels.
- Assist gymnasts with stretching by walking around and physically helping them.
- Coaches must remain actively engaged with the gymnasts.
- Attend staff meetings and approved training as required.
- Maintain the currency of required certifications.
- Attend meets as requested by the Gymnastics Director.
- Assist the Gymnastics Director in the planning of program promotional events and team recognition events.
- Assist the Gymnastics Director in the marketing of the gymnastics team program.
All YMCA staff are accountable for understanding the organization’s charitable status and mission to assure access for all through active participation in fundraising and philanthropy efforts.
- Work with the Development Team, HR and key philanthropy volunteers to increase your understanding and skill set.
- Train, mentor, equip and hold your staff accountable for participating in the annual campaign by identifying and recruiting member volunteers and soliciting donations.
- Build strategic relationships with members for year round member cultivation to increase the number of member campaign volunteers and donors.
- Assist in achieving annual support campaign department goal by directly and personally participating in campaign efforts and ongoing fundraising by identifying new volunteers potential new donors.
- The incumbent must be at least 21 years old and bring to this position an extensive background of education and experience in gymnastics.
- The incumbent must have an understanding of all the programs offered by the Gymnastics Department and the general membership.
- This position requires 2 years’ experience in coaching USA gymnastics levels 2-10 and have full knowledge of all USAG rules and policies.
- Must have CPR, First Aid, USA Gymnastics Course 101, USAG Safety Certifications and be a Professional member in good standing with USA-Gymnastics.
- The incumbent must understand the relationship of the parents and participants in the success of the overall program as well as act as liaison between the competitive program and USA-Gymnastics.