Kids Central Instructor
- Greet and Engage parents when they drop-off and pick-up their children.
- Supervise the children left in their care and ensure the proper use of the Kids Central equipment and facilities.
- Play and interact with the children to encourage social, emotional, physical and cognitive development.
- Maintain discipline, order, and safety in accordance with Madison Area YMCA policies and guidelines.
- Maintain a record of attendance during your shift.
- Handle emergencies quickly and efficiently.
- Assist Kids Central Manager, Shift Leaders and Member Services Director in all duties pertaining to Kids Central programs.
- Maintain Kids Central, equipment and materials in an orderly and safe manner to provide an optimal environment for children’s experiences.
- Assist with set up of Kids Central in advance of children’s arrival and clean up after children’s departure, or during appropriate times in the schedule.
- Show a positive and encouraging attitude when conducting activities and professional enthusiasm.
- Thoroughly clean toys, tables and equipment.
- Maintain materials and supplies used by Kids Central.
- Attend scheduled staff meetings and trainings.
- Models the character development values of Caring, Honesty, Respect and Responsibility.
- Prior childcare experience.
- You must be able to respond to children's physical and emotional needs while they are in your care.
- Enjoy, be skilled at and understand the importance of building relationships with members, staff, volunteers, donors, and community leaders.
- Ability to effectively relate, communicate and problem-solve with children, parents, and other staff. Engaging the member every chance we get to ensure open communication.
- Ability to confront difficult situations in a positive manner.
- Ability to swiftly respond to safety and emergency situations.
- Kids Central staff must be friendly and professional at all times.
- Must maintain CPR/AED & First Aid certification for infants and children.
- Attend Emergency Evacuation procedure training.
MUST BE AVAILABLE EVENINGS AND WEEKENDS!