- Assists Food Preparation Coordinator with preparation and serving of meals to the center.
- Ensures that the cooking and kitchen facilities and equipment are kept clean and sanitary.
- Complies with all local and state Health Department regulations.
- Prepares and serves meals and snacks that meet Child Care Food Program requirements.
- Assists the Food Preparation Coordinator in purchasing food and kitchen supplies.
- In the absence of the Food Preparation Coordinator, fulfills the responsibilities of the position.
- Controls food costs to stay within budget
- Keeps accurate inventory
- Keeps record of meals and quantities served
- Assists with creating and maintaining a healthy and appetizing menu
- With the Food Services Coordinator, supervises kitchen volunteer staff.
- Attends a minimum of 8 hours of Professional Development per year, including job-specific training (i.e. safe serve certification)
Applicant must be able to work well with young children, parents, staff and the general public. Applicant must be able to work closely with administrative staff, classroom teachers and support staff and display strong member service skills.
A high school diploma or GED is preferred.
Previous kitchen experience is preferred.
Applicant must be willing to work flexible early morning and day time hours.