Maintenance Associate - Opening Shift
Part- time Maintenance position responsible for opening the facility, schedule 5AM – ending shift flexible, up to 20 hours per week.
- Opens and performs daily building inspection
- Perform general repairs including basic electrical, plumbing, carpentry
- Paints as needed
- Basic landscaping routines
- Snow removal (available for outside of shift emergency snow removal)
- Takes care of deliveries
- Assists with property department projects at all Association properties.
- Room setups and breakdowns
- Emergency custodial work
- Other duties as assigned
- Six months or more of related experience preferred.
- Ability to read and interpret instructions, procedures, manuals and other documents.
- Ability to report and record maintenance requests.
- Knowledge of cleaning methods and equipment.
- Basic understanding of the upkeep and care of equipment.
- Understanding of cleaning compounds and chemicals, and their safe, efficient use.
- NJ Driver’s license
- Black Seal License within 1 year of employment
- POOL (Pool Operator On Location) License within 1 year of employment
- Experience with routine repairs including plumbing and electrical
- Sufficient physical strength and agility to carry out essential duties.
- Ability to erect and stand on ladders and platforms.
- Ability to work with paint, cleaning equipment, chemical compounds, solvents, cleaners, and solutions in dry, liquid, powder, spray, and aerosol forms.
- Ability to paint, clean equipment, and operate motorized equipment as needed.
- Ability to work in conditions that will create dirt and dust and heat, humidity, cold weather conditions.
- Ability to perform essential maintenance to facility or equipment which may involve, but not limited to the following activities: semi-reaching to full-reach overhead; crouching; kneeling; shoveling; carrying, and lifting.
- Ability to work in confining spaces; underground, overhead, and at ground level; twisting of the waist, shoulders, and legs; and lying on stomach and/or back.
- Potential exposure to communicable diseases and bodily fluids is possible.
- Must be able to lift and carry up to 50 pounds.
- Ability to speak concisely and effectively communicate.
- Visual and auditory ability to respond to critical situations and physical ability to act swiftly in an emergency. Able to administer first aid.
- Ability to withstand a wide range of outside temperatures – heat, cold, wind, rain.