Part Time Gymnastics Coach
Under the direction of the Gymnastics & Y Ninja Gym Director the Gymnastics Coach provides the highest level of coaching to all participants of the gymnastics program, USAG levels 2-9.
- Serves as an ambassador of the YMCA. Exemplifies the four-character values of Honesty, Caring, Respect and Responsibility with participants, staff and the general public.
- Ability to coach all levels of the Gymnastics competitive team.
- Provides leadership and imparts enthusiasm for gymnastics to all team members.
- Demonstrates gymnastics knowledge and skills as appropriate for all levels.
- Remains actively engaged with the gymnasts.
- Attends all required trainings.
- Maintains required certifications.
- Attends all meets as assigned by the Gymnastics & Y Ninja Gym Director.
- Maintains a clean, organized and safe gymnastics facility. Inspects equipment to ensure it is in proper working order and reports any areas that may require maintenance or repair.
- Maintains a good relationship with other YMCA’s involved in the competitive gymnastics program
- Assist with other duties as assigned.
Hours available Monday-Thursday 5:30-9PM and Friday 4:30-8PM
- The incumbent must be at least 21 years old and bring to this position an extensive background of education and experience in gymnastics.
- The incumbent must have an understanding of all the programs offered by the Gymnastics Department and the general membership.
- Position requires 4 years’ experience in coaching USA gymnastics levels 2-9 and have full knowledge of all USAG rules and policies.
- Must have CPR, First Aid, USA Gymnastics Course 101, and USAG Safety Certifications and be a Professional member in good standing with USA-Gymnastics.
- The incumbent must understand the relationship of the parents and participants in the success of the overall program.