Robotics Enrichment Instructor
The Lego robotics instructor will create lesson plans that engage students ages 8-12 in a hands-on learning environment. The instructor will help students gain an understanding of programming, building and problem solving with Lego Mindstorms kits. The robotics instructor will be responsible for teaching one hour a week.
- Teach the pricinples of engineering with Lego bricks.
- Facilitate a safe and fun program environment.
- Teach the basics of how to program a robot using Lego Mindstorms interface.
- Keep program equipment clean and organized.
- Minimum of a High School diploma or equivalent and one season of experience working with youth in a camp setting. YMCA experience preferred.
- Must be 18 years or older.
- Demonstrated interest in math, science, technology and engineering.