Youth & Teen Director
Under the direction of the VP, Membership & Programs, the Youth & Teen Director oversees and is responsible for the creation, planning, and execution of Enrichment, Teen and Family Center Programs, and Day Camp. The Youth and Teen Director ensures a quality experience for members focused on YMCA core values: honesty, respect, responsibility, and caring. The Youth and Teen Director is responsible for the budget, staff, development and operations of Enrichment, Teen and Family Center Programs and Day Camp. As a member of the Y management team, the incumbent actively participates as needed in a variety of cross-departmental projects and initiatives that advance the Y mission and strategic plan goals.
- Develops, organizes and implements curriculum and programming for the Family Center Camps (Camp KidsQuest, Camp SummerQuest and Leader in Training).
- Oversees management of all Family Center Camps and as such is responsible for administrative tasks such as payroll and budget.
- Ensures Family Center Camp programs meet NJ Youth Camp Act standards.
- Oversees management of the Enrichment program and as such is responsible for administrative tasks such as payroll and budget.
- Oversees management of the Teen program and as such is responsible for administrative tasks such as payroll and budget.
- Develops, organizes and oversees curriculum and programming for Teen Leadership Institute.
- Develops and controls department budgets related to each department.
- Maintains sound financial records by monthly review of budget standings.
- Supervises the Youth and Teen Development Associate.
- Together with Associate, hires and conducts reviews for all camp, teen and enrichment staff.
- Together with Associate, manages camp registration and bookings.
- Develops quality curriculum and incorporates the YMCA core values and character development model in all program activities.
- Responsible for scheduling and the development of new offerings in Enrichment, Teen and Family Center Camps program areas.
- Fosters relationships with area school districts and coordinates specialized programming.
- Ensures that all administrative records and functions are maintained accurately.
- Manages grants and ensures all contract deliverables are met and correctly reported.
Excellent benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 403B savings, free YMCA family membership, discount on programs and services. Great work environment, opportunities for advancement.