The Madison Area YMCA Fitness Center (must be 12 and older to use Fitness Center) is a state-of-the-art facility featuring:
- Cardio equipment
- ARC Trainers
- Bikes including Airdyne bikes, cycling bikes and recumbent bikes
- Free Weight Area (Children under the age of 14 may use the free weight area if they are under the direct supervision of a certified personal trainer or parent. We do reserve the right to ask the child to leave the free weight area if they are not under direct supervision of either a certified personal trainer or a parent.)
- Free weights range from 5 lbs to 110 lbs;
- Plates from 5 lbs to 45 lbs.
- Cable Crossover
- Smith Machine
- Full Power Rack
- Half Rack
- Adjustable Benches
- Back Extension Bench
- Functional training equipment including balls, bosu, bands, tubes, balance apparatus
- Cybex Circuit featuring Fitlinxx
- Nautilus Circuit
- Stretching Platform and additional stretching areas
Fitness Center Orientations
- All members at the Madison Area YMCA are entitled to three free orientations with a trained Fitness Center staff person.
- Staff will train you on Fitlinxx, a computerized system which will add an extraordinary “intelligent” dimension to your workout experience.
- Our staff will familiarize you with the cardiovascular equipment and the Cybex strength training circuit.
- The Fitness Center is fully staffed during hours of operation to assist members with all related questions and concerns.
- Contact the Fitness Center staff by phone at 973-822-9622 or in person to schedule your orientation.
- Fitness Center staff is trained and Red Cross certified in First Aid, CPR and AED use.
Fitlinxx is a computerized workout partner that coaches you through your workout and monitors your progress.
- Fitlinxx automatically captures the user’s strength workout data including personalized machine settings and number of reps. it even monitors the speed of reps and displays any recommended changes.
- Begin workouts quickly with just a personal PIN - there is no need to carry cards, pens or clipboards while working out
- Members can view their data from a facility kiosk or via the Fitlinxx Pro fitness tracking website.
- Free training from a Fitness Center staff member.
To learn more about our Fitness Center, please contact Health and Wellness Director Christian Esola.